The first painted minis in a few months. Lots of personal family issues but getting back into the groove of putting paint on mini. I do really like these Stormcast minis, they are nice and bulky and have lots of little detail in the armor. Was kinda lazy in doing a lot of highlighting. Ehh maybe the next model I’ll invest more time, but this is a good way to get back into it.
Here are 3 of my older painted minis. They are all Dreadnought-ish size and from when really did not highlight and shaded very messily. There are also very obvious glossy areas that should be more satin and vice versa.
First one is the Helbrute from the Dark Vengeance set. I overall like the figure but there are specific areas with very mushy details which made painting as a novice very annoying. I also tried using a matte varnish spray can but just came out very grainy.
The Second Figure is the Deathjack for Warmachine. I love the weight of this figure because it is entirely white metal. This was also one of the first models where I really experienced the fragility of acrylic paint on metal. This was before I was properly priming models also. Might have went overboard with the blood technical paint. He looks like he was pawing a jar of strawberry jam.
The last figure is the Daemon Prince model. I decided to build it as a Space Marine Daemon Prince instead of a Fantasy model. It is a pretty simply model to paint. It is a good way to practice painting fleshy bits and armor in the same kit. Other than that it is an okay kit, not one of my favorites though.
Hurrah my biggest miniature project to date is half done! This is the first of my Imperial Knights from the Imperial Knight: Renegade boxed game. I am pretty happy with the results this. I bought the box back in August and was slowly working on it since. I am happy with the interchangeability of the equipment. This was the first model I used custom decal paper with too. Compared to the transfers from the box they were considerably thicker. Next time i would probably only apply 1 coat of clear gloss instead of 3 because they did cause a noticeable bump after application.
I am happy with the results of the freehand to extend the black flames on the left pauldron and the Ion Shield. There is also a bit of zigzag on the right shin plate but it is slightly obscured by the chaos star. The only thing I am on the fence of is using the Dried Blood vallejo paint to freehand the smeared chaos star. It fluctuates back and forth between oh it looks like blood or it looks like crayon in my mind.
Painted along with decals made Carlson793 from Bolter and Chainsword. Made using the Fureans Legion sheet.
One of my oldest painted Space Marine model. I kinda inverted the color of the standard Death Company. I know it isn’t exactly fluffy, so lets say if i ever do make a Blood Angels based Space marine army they are a Progenitor chapter or something. I really like the exposed skull of the Marine who is entombed, one of the more unique dreadnought designs.
My first Colossal from Hordes. I really liked the langolier-esque look of the Blight Bringer. I really liked this kit overall but because it is biological it needed a pinning and a decent application of greenstuff to fill the holes between the front arms and the main body.
I decided to strip the paint from the other everblight warbeasts because of the colors I chose to paint this. I have yet to base this model because while stripping the other warbeasts it damaged the basing I had previously had on them so now I have a blank slate to base them.
The armored monster that is the Jotum. One of the first Infinity models i got. This mini i took a particularly long time to paint up. This is probably because of the extra armored plates. I was preoccupied with trying to paint the base body even though most of it is obscured in the end. One of my first attempts at painting white, pretty sloppy i think. Do enjoy how the appearance came out in the end though
Been busy the last couple weeks doing some magnetizing and painting some pretty impressive models. One project is nearly done and the next more complicated project is going to follow close by. Just here to say I am not dead just working slowly trying new things.