One of the first minis I painted from the Dark Imperium boxed set. I really liked the look of all the minis in the set. I painted a bunch more, but I’ve been working on them constantly instead of posting anything new here.
This is the first time I used shapeways shoulder emblems and they are pretty detailed. I wished I glued them more intelligently when i first got them though. Instead of the smart way of doing it, I put glue on the tiny emblem in between my fingers which ended up on my fingers also, then tried to place it properly on the shoulder in the few seconds the zap-a-gap dries and glues it in place.
Since then I figured out that placing the emblem in place first then using zap-a-gap’s thin consistency to flow between the shoulder and emblem way better. Just have to quickly wick away the excess and then do a little scraping for clean up. Sadly on this mini i got the emblems after i painted everything else.