What can i say about Mortarion? He is awesome and the studio colors really do not do him justice. For Mortarion, I went more toward the Pre-Heresy colors.
I decided on the neon green for the smoke/fire effects because I wanted them to look more other-worldly than the rest of the model which is full of realistic earthy tones.
I really like the Silence in the right hand pose, It is more of a looming predator than the shooty Lantern pose.
I do like the wings. Not sure if i made them distinguished enough from the armor but i like how they came out overall. I decided to not add the additional fly ridden plumes because i think it would have made the top and rear of Mortarion a bit too busy and would have covered the vents and backpack.
The Nurglings are the only thing I really don’t enjoy about the model. They are just a bit too jolly and happy for the solemn feeling the rest of Mortarion has.
And finally an extra illuminated shot of Mortarion. I love his armor and hopefully the next few Death Guard minis will be as enjoyable to paint.
One of my Favorite Primaris minis. His base with the dead marine along with the little options to change his backpack tools. I do like how he is so uninterested in the battle to look at the gland he just freshly ripped out.
I also changed the all white with a single shoulder pad in chapter colors so i decided to have white colored armor plates instead. He still looks like an apothecary but also very much a Minotaur
One of the first minis I painted from the Dark Imperium boxed set. I really liked the look of all the minis in the set. I painted a bunch more, but I’ve been working on them constantly instead of posting anything new here.
This is the first time I used shapeways shoulder emblems and they are pretty detailed. I wished I glued them more intelligently when i first got them though. Instead of the smart way of doing it, I put glue on the tiny emblem in between my fingers which ended up on my fingers also, then tried to place it properly on the shoulder in the few seconds the zap-a-gap dries and glues it in place.
Since then I figured out that placing the emblem in place first then using zap-a-gap’s thin consistency to flow between the shoulder and emblem way better. Just have to quickly wick away the excess and then do a little scraping for clean up. Sadly on this mini i got the emblems after i painted everything else.
Continued adventures into airbrushing. Used preshading for the primer coat again, but used Vellejo’s transparent blue versus an ink like the Zuyong. Playing around with the gloss shades from GW and pigment powders for some weathering on the legs. I like how this came out, it is actually weathered and it doesn’t go overboard like some of my poor poor Tamiya tank kits.
This is my first attempt at pre-shading using the primer and airbrush. I think it came out really good. From looking at the pictures the shaded colors look much darker than normal because the light source of my photobox is directly above the mini. This sculpt really makes me appreciate Infinity mini’s so much. There are so many intricate details filling the model.
(Updated for the Fourth time with brighter pictures in photobox)
FINALLY FINISHED. This took way too long to complete. I partly blame the first Imperial Knight from the set for causing a bit of modeler’s block. But it is finished!
Painted along with decals made Carlson793 from Bolter and Chainsword. Made using the Legio Gryphonicus decals. The color scheme felt a bit too busy at times but in the end i liked how it came together. The gun arm is fully magnetized to be able to switch between the melta and cannon forms. Then there is a pile of masks for the knight also.
And finally together with the my last knight (ignore the cardboard box, this is a little too much plastic to fit in my homemade photobox)
Hurrah my biggest miniature project to date is half done! This is the first of my Imperial Knights from the Imperial Knight: Renegade boxed game. I am pretty happy with the results this. I bought the box back in August and was slowly working on it since. I am happy with the interchangeability of the equipment. This was the first model I used custom decal paper with too. Compared to the transfers from the box they were considerably thicker. Next time i would probably only apply 1 coat of clear gloss instead of 3 because they did cause a noticeable bump after application.
I am happy with the results of the freehand to extend the black flames on the left pauldron and the Ion Shield. There is also a bit of zigzag on the right shin plate but it is slightly obscured by the chaos star. The only thing I am on the fence of is using the Dried Blood vallejo paint to freehand the smeared chaos star. It fluctuates back and forth between oh it looks like blood or it looks like crayon in my mind.
Painted along with decals made Carlson793 from Bolter and Chainsword. Made using the Fureans Legion sheet.