This is an older painted figure of mine. I was trying get an iridescent effect by using some pearl powders. Tried various different things to get the effect to look half decent. At first I tested mixing the pearl powder into some Future but this gave a really splotchy effect on a piece of test sprue because I tried brushing it on. Because the airbrush was not an option i then used a thinned blue paint as the base to lessen the splotchy effect. After a couple layers of this version of the pearled paint it dried to slightly chalky finish so i added a coat of thinned gloss varnish on top to try to get rid of that. Still ended up a bit chalky.
Next time I want to try airbrushing the pearl and future mixture on top of a base color so it covers more evenly. Maybe one day mister Swarmlord will be put in the old ultrasonic, but I still enjoy how he turned out.